Monday, December 1, 2008

Rest Day Today!

I spent most of Saturday afternoon engaged in calorie manufacturing (pastry, ice cream, mince pies assembly) and stood on my feet. I was tired in the evening as had decided to take it easy on Sunday.

Sunday was a gorgeous cold day so I decided to walk into town to do some little bits of Christmas shopping. I thought it might be icy and decided against the bike and got the SLR to take some pictures of the frostiness. I took the less direct route into town and took a few pictures along the way, walked around town for a while then walked the same way home. Most of the path was ok, I slipped on two black ice patches at the start but the tramway bridge was lethal, very icy

I then spent the rest of the afternoon on my feet again sorting various bottles of Cranberry vodka out and lots of other stuff. I was knackered by 6pm and my legs felt sore - I walked about 8 miles in all heading to and from town - so much for an easy immobile Sunday.

It was really frosty this morning and my calves were really tight when I woke up. I got my running kit together in case I felt like a short run at lunchtime. I actually had to scrape the car the frost was so thick, even the heated screens took a while to clear. I was almost at Jct 32 when I realised my works pass was still in my pannier from Friday! I decided to turn back an get it and headed down to Preston rather than the M55, big mistake, lots of traffic queueing to get into Preston and I was stuck in it.

I got home again, got out the car and my legs were now really stiff, picked up my pass and headed back to work now driving on diesel fumes and if I stopped to get more I would be even later in.

I'm having a rest day today!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I had to scrap Ali's mums car this morning before she headed home. It is cold out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mis read that, thought you meant scrap rather than scrape, hee hee! I hate scraping cars and it took ages this morning.

    ReplyDelete