Thursday, December 18, 2008

Club Run

Club run tonight. I can't make up my mind if I'm ill or not but felt not too bad today so no real excuse. I had to force myself out the door tonight, really felt like staying in which was made worse by the fact we had our woodburner fitted yesterday and its all warm and cosy with it lit (have to admit I was wrong about it). Its also December and its always difficult for me to keep things going in December what with seemingly constant darkness and festivities. I'm glad I made my running mileage target at the beginning of the month.

The few races I've signed up for are short and can be done off my current fitness base but should stop me vegetating completely. I have in the past continued to try to push throughout December and just ended up knackering myself out, an easy December usually means I'm raring to go in the New Year.

I found running very hard for the first three miles but I got more into it for the last 2.5 miles but I did seem to be really noticing the cold air on my chest and zipped up all my layers, it wasn't that cold really so it was a bit worrying. Chest did feel a little tight (getting all paranoid about a chest infection now!). It was just over 5.6 miles at about 9:31 pace which is as fast as I could be bothered running but it was good to get out.

Think I'll rest up tomorrow as we are now going out in the evening and save it for XC racing on Saturday. Apparently there will be some hills on Saturdays course, though its in Rossendale so I would be very surprised if there wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also in the Great North West Half.

    Have you done it before?

    It's an easy course, just take it easy on the first lap and pick up the pace on the 2nd.

    Good luck with winter training.

    All the best,

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't managed to get to the start line before, I had a bad ankle sprain in the January before the race the last time I tried to enter so I have unfinished business. Thanks for the heads up on the laps.

    ReplyDelete