Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cold Run with the Club

I got down for a run with the club last night for the first time in what seems like ages. I parked up outside the cricket club and got out my car to be faced with a house which I can only describe as being "festooned" in Christmas lights, Santas, Snowmen, reindeer and god knows what other festive fripperies. It's still November, FGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not normally given to Bah Humbug outbursts (I leave that to Jez) but I had one.

It was really cold and took a while to get into it. Well most of me was quite cold but I couldn't find my running fleecy tights so I had my thicker cycling ones on. They are unpadded but they have panels which it turns out are not particularly comfy when running, the seems at the bum bunch. They are also quite thick so my legs were boiling after a while.

I haven't really run hills for a while so it was a bit of a shock to the system, they were undulations to start with but there was one quite early on that I thought was a short one and was about to power up but looked up just in time to see it going on for ages and slowed down so I didn't die spectacularly half way up.

We ran past buy-a-bike on the the A49 but I wasn't sure where we went after that, I think it was into Charnock Richard then back through Coppull but at one point I really didn't know where we were (that's not unusual for me though). We were out for just over an hour in the end and did just over 6 miles so a good evenings running.

No comments:

Post a Comment