Friday, October 17, 2008

More Climbing

Had another potter on the climbing wall this evening. I did better than last time but am very much lacking in strength in my arms, strangely my finger strength still seems ok. I was able to string moves together more but I was tiring quite quickly and my ability to do big step ups isn't great as my hip flexibility has obviously declined. As a short arse the ability to do big step ups is one of the cornerstones of my climbing, so I need to get it back.

I did have a few moments where I had to think about how to tackle something, I asked Pam a few times "How would I climb this?". Pam has belayed me for so long that she knows how I would approach things. Sadly the answer usually involved putting my feet up somewhere round my ears! Which is exactly how I would have climbed it six months ago but I can't quite make those moves at the moment. If I manage to keep climbing with some regularity I wonder how long it will take to build back up agian.

No comments:

Post a Comment