Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday 13th Sep: Short Road Run

I had a short tester run, an out and back of three miles total. Out and back bores me but it is the easiest way to make sure I don't over do it, I just ran for 1.5 miles and turned round. My hip felt better today, it just felt tight across the front as after a major prodding session in the morning I decided it really was the psoas which is annoyed.

I reall enjoyed it and only my psoas was still tight at the end none of the other muscles cramped up in sympathy this time so I still had a normal gait when I finished as well.

Still feeling a little short changed by not being able to run longer but I will be cycling over to a friends BBQ tonight (only flat 8 miles round trip) but as I am the one with the rack and panniers I get to haul the beer and food so extra resistance!

I have an appointment with Alan on Tuesday so I will ask him to look at my psoas and work on it, I have a feeling its trying to do the work of another muscle when it really shouldn't be...and my quads are still tight but I've done about 20 mins of stretching and will continue to get the stretching in that I have neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment