Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lazy Day today

Have done very little today apart from pickle my head with Big Brain Academy on the Wii and a bit of gardening. I had entertained the idea of going out for an easy spin on the road bike but it is stupidly windy here so it would just be hard work, I need to keep fresh legs for tomorrow. I have a 10 mile running road race tomorrow which is a completely unknown quantity to me, I have run over 10 miles several times before but always offroad, the constant pace that is required for road running is not something I am very good at. I am planning to take my Shuffle with me, normally I wouldn't bother with it but it is a small field and having looked at last years results I will be near the back somewhere. Once the field gets strung out I may end up running on my own so will take te music to keep me motivated. I would like to come in around 1:30 which is a 9mm average though not sure I can sustain that constantly. We''ll see.

My big 15 mile trail race over garburn is a week today, I have just sent the e-mail off to confirm that I am doing the challenge event rather than the race event. There is a 2 3/4 hour time limit to complete the race and they have a tight time cutoff after 10K as well, if I didn't make the cut off I would be absolutely gutted after all the work I've put in so I've decided to go for the Challenge event which has 4 1/2 hours to get round which I'm sure I can manage. I've never raced 15 miles before so its yet another unknown quantity but even if I have a complete 'mare I can slow right down and still enjoy the event without worrying about getting disqualified.


I didn't do as well as I hoped at the Hawkshead event as my legs just seemed to give up half way round, I think I did too much the week before with extra cycling. I'm planning on doing very little next week in the lead up to Garburn to have some hopefully fresher legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment